Table of Contents:
- Who administers the GMAT test?
- What does the test center look like?
- Where are the test centers located?
- Test center holidays
- Top MBA programs in the area
- Test Day FAQs
About ¾ of the way through your extensive GMAT prep you should begin to start planning your test day, including scheduling the test, preparing your trip to the test center, and even pre-visiting the test center so that you know exactly where it is. This guide is here to offer you all the required information related to taking the GMAT exam in Macao.
Who administers the GMAT test?
Pearson Professional Centers – administers the GMAT and EA exam on behalf of the GMAC. To find out more about the Pearson Professional test centers visit their official website.
What does the test center look like?
The location will include individual testing areas for each test taker with a separation screen between each test-taker.
Where are the test centers in Macao?
These are the top locations where test-takers generally had the best experience:
Pearson Professional Centers-Hong Kong
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
139 Hennessy Road, Wanchai
Office B, 18/F
Phone: +852 2167 8568
Welkin Systems Limited
3/F Righteous Centre,
585 Nathan Road, Monkok
Phone: +852 3605 3377
NEEA-Shenzhen SEG Training Center
11/F., West Section,
Bldg.4, SEG Science & Technology Park,
North Huaqiang Road,
Test Center Holidays
The most popular times for GMAT preparation and test-taking are during the holiday seasons. Be mindful of dates that you will not be able to take the GMAT or EA at any of the test centers mentioned above. Pearson test centers are closed on the following dates:
- 1 Jan – New Year’s Day
- 1 January – New Year’s Day
- 1 February – Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year)
- 5 April – Qingming Festival
- 15 April – Good Friday
- 18 April – Easter Monday
- 8 May – Buddha’s Birthday
- 1 May – May Day
- 3 June – Dragon Boat Festival
- 1 July – Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day
- 11 September – The day following Mid-Autumn Festival
- 1 October – National Day
- 4 October – Chongyang Festival
- 25 December – Christmas Day
- 26 December – The first weekday after Christmas
- During the test there will not be complete silence – you will be able to hear noise from other test takers so it is best to prepare for this by studying for the exam in similar scenarios. This can prepare you for any distractions (such as coughing, sneezing, or computer clicking sounds) that might occur while taking your exam.
- Try to spend some time actually prepping in the lobby of the test center weeks/days in advance of your exam date. Since the place will be familiar to you come test day this can help curb test anxiety should you have any.
Test Day FAQs
Here are the top 5 questions that clients ask us about exam day information:
Are you allowed to listen to music while taking the GMAT exam?
You are not allowed to listen to music while taking the GMAT exam and you are not allowed to wear earphones as well.
What should I do if I fall sick on the exam day?
If you do not feel well come exam day you will have to make the decision as to whether or not you can take the test and perform at your best. Most people will not be able to do this so it will be best to cancel it. If you do so on the day of the exam you will incur a loss of your full $250 exam fee. If you cancel the exam 7 days in advance you will be charged a penalty of $50. If it is the first time that you will sit the exam and you are up for sitting through a 4 hour test, this may be a good opportunity to experience the test as you have the ability to cancel the score right afterwards if you are unhappy with it. Ultimately, it is best to take the GMAT when you are feeling your best as this will result in your optimum test performance.
What can I bring with me to the test center?
You are allowed in the test center with the following:
- GMAT approved identification
- Appointment confirmation letter or email you received from Pearson VUE
- Prescription eyeglasses
- Light sweater or light non-outerwear jacket
- Comfort items only if they were pre-approved as an accommodation received in advance
Any additional personal belongings that you bring with you such as your cell phone, bag, snacks, and earphones will need to be stored in one of the provided lockers. You may eat your snack during the breaks. Any cell phone use throughout the test time (including breaks) is prohibited.
The test center will provide you with everything that you need in order to take the test including scratch paper and a pencil.
What can I expect at the test center?
A usual test center is typically quite small. Once you arrive you will have to provide the administrator with the relevant documents and while these are being processed you will be asked to wait in the waiting area. In this area, you can still access all your personal belongings up until you are called into the testing room.
Once in the room, you will be allocated an individual exam station where you will find a computer.
Are you planning on taking the GMAT soon? Book your complimentary call with our top scoring tutors and take the first step towards your dreams business school.