Table of Contents:
- Who administers the GMAT test?
- What does the test center look like?
- Where are the test centers located?
- Test center holidays
- Top MBA programs in the area
- Test Day FAQs
About ¾ of the way through your extensive GMAT prep you should begin to start planning your test day, including scheduling the test, preparing your trip to the test center, and even pre-visiting the test center so that you know exactly where it is. This guide is here to offer you all the required information related to taking the GMAT in Beijing.
Who administers the GMAT test?
Pearson Professional Centers – administers the GMAT and EA exams on behalf of the GMAC. To find out more about the Pearson Professional test centers, visit https://www.pearson.com/us/.
What does the test center look like?
A Pearson Professional Center will include individual testing areas for each test taker with a separation screen between each test-taker.
Where are the test centers in Beijing?
This is the top location where test-takers generally had the best experience:
Pearson Professional Centers – Beijing, China
6 Southern Road Capital Gym
Rm 1153, New Century Hotel Office Tower
The Pearson Professional Center in Beijing is located in New Century Hotel Office Tower, opposite Beijing Capital Gym. Here are the directions to the center:
From Beijing Railway Station:
– Subway & Bus: Take Subway Line 2 to Xi Zhi Men station, Exit A. Transfer to bus lines Yun Tong 104/105/106/205, 87, 27, 360, 111, 105, 347 to Bai Shi Qiao Station. Cross the street to Beijing New Century Hotel Office Tower, Room 1153.
From Beijing West Railway Station:
– Bus: Take Te 5, Te 6, 320, 320(branch line) to Bai Shi Qiao Station.
From Beijing South Railway Station:
– Subway & Bus: Take Subway Line 4 to National Library Station, Exit C. Walk 10 minutes to Beijing New Century Hotel. Or take Te 5 in South square of Beijing South Railway Station to Bai Shi Qiao Xi Station. Walk 10 minutes to Beijing New Century Hotel Office Tower.
From Beijing Capital Airport:
– Shuttle Bus and Bus: Take the Shuttle bus to Friendship Hotel, then transfer to bus lines No. 27, 334, 347, 360 to Bai Shi Qiao station.
NEEA – Capital Univ. of Economics and Business
2 JinTaiLi, CUEB
4/F, Bldg 1, Hongmiao Campus,
To reach Capital University of Economics and Business Hongmiao campus in Beijing:
– Line 1 or Line 14: Get off at “DaWangLu” station. Take Exit E. Walk west along West Dawang Road for about 10 minutes. Enter the campus from the south gate on Guanghua Road.
– Line 6: Get off at “JinTai Road” station. Take Exit D. Walk south along Jintai Road for about 10 minutes. Enter the campus from the north gate on Chaoyang Road.
– Bus No.30, 31, 421, 502 or 639: Get off at “GuangHuaLuDongKou” stop. Enter the campus from the south gate on Guanghua Road.
– Bus No.101, 112, 115, 118, 488, 615 or 671: Get off at “HongMiaoLuXi” stop. Enter the campus from the north gate on Chaoyang Road.
Test Center Holidays:
The most popular times for GMAT preparation and test-taking are during the holiday seasons. Be mindful of dates that you will not be able to take the GMAT or EA at any of the test centers mentioned above. Pearson test centers are closed during the following dates:
1. January 1st – New Year’s Day
2. Date varies (usually January or February) – Chinese New Year (Spring Festival)
3. April 4th or 5th – Qingming Festival (Tomb-Sweeping Day)
4. May 1st – International Workers’ Day
5. 5th day of the 5th month of the lunar calendar (usually in June) – Dragon Boat Festival
6. 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar (usually in September or October) – Mid-Autumn Festival
7. October 1st – National Day
Top MBA programs in Beijing:
- China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)
- Peking University – Guanghua School of Management
- Tsinghua University – School of Economics and Management
- During the test there will not be complete silence – you will be able to hear noise from other test takers so it is best to prepare for this by studying for the exam in similar scenarios. This can prepare you for any distractions (such as coughing, sneezing, or computer clicking sounds) that might occur while taking your exam.
- Try to spend some time actually prepping in the lobby of the test center weeks/days in advance of your exam date. Since the place will be familiar to you come test day this can help curb test anxiety should you have any.
- Here is a helpful test day planning guide
- Find a test day checklist here
Test Day FAQs
Here are the top 4 questions that clients ask us about exam day information:
Are you allowed to listen to music while taking the GMAT exam?
You are not allowed to listen to music while taking the GMAT exam and you are not allowed to wear earphones as well.
What should I do if I fall sick on the exam day?
If you do not feel well come exam day you will have to make the decision as to whether or not you can take the test and perform at your best. Most people will not be able to do this so it will be best to cancel it. If you do so on the day of the exam you will incur a loss of your full $250 exam fee. If you cancel the exam 7 days in advance you will be charged a penalty of $50. If it is the first time that you will sit the exam and you are up for sitting through a 4 hour test, this may be a good opportunity to experience the test as you have the ability to cancel the score right afterwards if you are unhappy with it. Ultimately, it is best to take the GMAT when you are feeling your best as this will result in your optimum test performance.
What can I bring with me to the test center?
You are allowed in the test center with the following:
- GMAT approved identification
- Appointment confirmation letter or email you received from Pearson VUE
- Prescription eyeglasses
- Light sweater or light non-outerwear jacket
- Comfort items only if they were pre-approved as an accommodation received in advance
Any additional personal belongings that you bring with you such as your cell phone, bag, snacks, and earphones, will need to be stored in one of the provided lockers. You may eat your snack during the breaks. Any cell phone use throughout the test time (including breaks) is prohibited.
The test center will provide you with everything that you need in order to take the test including scratch paper and a pencil.
What can I expect at the test center?
A usual test center is typically quite small. Once you arrive you will have to provide the administrator with the relevant documents and while these are being processed you will be asked to wait in the waiting area. In this area, you can still access all your personal belongings up until you are called into the testing room.
Once in the room, you will be allocated an individual exam station where you will find a computer.
Are you Planning on taking the GMAT soon? Book your complimentary call with our top-scoring tutors and take the first step toward your dream business school.